The absolute prototype for manuscript is originality, high scientific quality and interest to a multidisciplinary audience.Its website provides no address, no names, and no editors. There could be a connection to the SCIRP group, for the About SRA webpage states (9/26/16) that "SCIRP currently has 40 open access journals in the areas of science, technology and medicine." Another page (viewed 10/6/16) urges readers to "Subscribe for Interminable Submissions" by becoming individual, institutional or "cooperation" members. For an annual fee of $1200, the last group's "submitted manuscripts are eligible to avail the waiver." The membership page displays a connection to yet another dubious publisher, namely, the American Association for Science and Technology (AASCIT). Joining Scirea provides one with a discount "for the publication in AASCIT journals." Still Scirea "takes an opportunity to serve the scientific community, students and researchers with undefiled research works." Who could object to that?
- 9/26/16: A "Dr. Smith" emailed me that inasmuch as "promotion activities are offered for some excellent author," all of its journals would be publishing articles without payment of the normal $100 fee from September 8 through September 30.
- 10/6/16: "Dr. Smith" again: "From October 1 to October 31 promotional activities are offered for some excellent author. No publication fee in all journals."
- 11/17/16, 11/20/16, 12/6/16: No sender's name this time -- just a picture of a hang glider and a "Dear Scholar" note "calling for new members ... working in any research-based discipline, including the chemistry, ... etc. " Clicking on http://www.scirea.org/membership shows the benefits, such as "An increase in your earning potential," "Independent verification of your skills and experience," and of course "Subscription can be availed for all the current journals of SCIREA."
- 12/13/16, 12/22/16: Dear Scholar, Science Research Association (SCIREA) is calling for new members ... from all scholars working in any research-based discipline, including the chemistry, medicine, engineering, social sciences, energy, food science, etc. If you are not already a Member, do not worry, JOIN NOW to access the Members-Only content. ... Once you become a member, you can enjoy the benefits ... .
- 12/31/16: Dear Scholar, Good day to you. ... Science Research
Association(SCIREA) is recruiting new members. If you are interested,
please click here to learn more. Yours sincerely, Prof. Amer Taqa
Member Services Representative, Science Research Association(SCIREA)
- 1/11/17: Dear Scholar, ... To expand the editorial board and reviewer team, now we sincerely invite you to join us as an editorial member or a reviewer in our journals. ... We ... cordially invite you to join us as an editorial member or a reviewer. If you have any interest, please submit your application ... .
- 3/20/17: [J]oin now to get the Members-only benefits ... To be an SCIREA member, you can take this precious chance to make a good preparation for your potentially fruitful year of 2017. We are always here looking forward to your joining. Hope we can have a pleasant cooperation in the near future.
- 4/4/17 (from firstname.lastname@example.org): Submit Your Paper and Enjoy Privilege. ... SCIREA is poised on offering researchers and research institutions with recent advances in the field of science by researchers and professionals. ... The Article Processing Charges for papers submitted to the journals of SCIREA is only 70 USD before April 30, 2017.
- 4/9/17 (from email@example.com): Call for Papers and Editorial Members
Dear Scholar, Science Research Association is a leading platform offering journal articles from 39 journals. ... Before April 30, 2017, promotional activities are offered for author: The APCs for manuscripts submitted to Science Research Association is only 70 USD. Submit your article today and gain worldwide visibility ... .
Editorial Invitation. SCIREA sincerely invites you to join the editorial board. As an internationally-recognized publisher, SCIREA can offer you an excellent platform to share ideas, develop your career and have greater impact throughout the world. SCIREA warmly welcomes both scholars and practitioners. Looking forward to your participation. [No signature line]