In August 2016, the FTC charged the OMICS Group, its tentacles (iMedPub LLC and Conference Series LLC), and Managing Director and CEO Srinubabu Gedela, with multiple deceptive acts or practices. See also Kevin Carey, Fake Academe, Looking Much Like the Real Thing, N.Y. Times, Dec. 30, 2016.
The website boasts "700+ leading-edge peer reviewed, Open Access Journals that operates with the help of 50,000+ Editorial Board Members and esteemed reviewers and 1000+ Scientific associations." If that is not enough, would you believe "more than 15 million readers" study these journals? It might take that many to decipher some of the articles. For example, the webpage of the Journal of Scientific and Industrial Metrology includes the "relevant topic" of electricity and magnetism, which is defined -- mind-numbingly -- as follows:
This article presents key ideas of power and attraction important to anaesthesia. Straightforward analogies are utilized to clarify current power and the activity of electronic parts in like manner utilization. The idea of electric and attractive fields is presented with samples of their handy application.
The description of this journal is a tour de force of verbiage:
This journal's website maintains that "Intellectual Property Rights is a controversial term ... . The journal includes a wide range of fields in its discipline to create a platform for the authors to make their contribution towards the journal and the editorial office promises a peer review process for the submitted manuscripts for the quality of publishing." A "related journal," it seems, is Intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The editorial board of the Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences includes (according to the website):
▸Amit K.Chhabra, Professor, New York Law School (5/29/16)Authors include (according to the journal):
▸Antonio Gidi, Professor, University of Tennessee College of Law (5/29/16)
▸Christina Mancini, Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University (5/29/16)
▸Elizabeth Nowicki, Associate Professor, Tulane Law School (5/29/16)
▸Daniel R. Ortiz, Distinguished Professor, University of Virginia School of Law (5/29/16)
▸David T. Ritchie, Professor of Law & Philosophy, Walter F. George School of Law (5/29/16)
▸Paul Rose, Associate Professor, Department of Law, Ohio State University (5/28/15)
▸Seval Yildirim, Associate Professor, Whittier Law School (5/28/16)
▸Tung Yin, Professor, Lewis & Clark Law School (5/29/16)
▸Jessica Gabel Cino, Georgia State Law School (doi:10.4172/2169-0170.1000183 -- four days from acceptance to publication)
Discussed in another posting.
- 4/27/16: Dear Dr. David H. Kaye, Hope you are doing well! Looking at your previous contribution towards the scientific community, we are very impressed with your great research work and we are glad to inform you that Global Journal of Nursing & Forensic Studies is under process of accepting new articles from an eminent person like you. It will be a great pleasure if you could submit your research work like review article, short commentaries, image articles towards our journal. ... The last date of submission is May 15th 2016. Awaiting to hear a positive response from you soon. Have a great day ahead! With regards, Princy D, Editorial Assistant
- 5/5/16: Dear Dr. David H. Kaye, Greetings!! It's your eminence and reputation in the quality of research field for which you have been invited and requested to submit a manuscript for Global Journal of Nursing & Forensic Studies! It will be a great honor for us if you accept our invitation and submit your manuscript. ... We strongly believe that your contribution to this issue will bring some momentum to solicit the articles in 2016. We look forward for a long lasting scientific relationship. With best regards, Princy D, Editorial Assistant
- 2/2/16, 3/7/16, 6/21/16, 6/23/16, 10/5/16: Hope you are doing great!! I would like to invite you to submit a paper for Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences ... an Open Access & peer-reviewed journal which strives to release issues bi-monthly and is adamant to publish manuscripts relating to the field of Civil & Legal Sciences. I would be glad to have a contribution from your side to this journal. ... Kindly provide your valuable manuscript on before February 15th, 2016 or let me know your possibility regarding submission date. If your Manuscript is ready you can submit it as soon as possible. You may submit your paper online ... or you can simply send as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly revert back for further queries. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Warm Regards, Sonia mattews, Editorial Assistant, Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences [Sender name = Arabian Journal of Business and Marketing]
- 3/21/17: Hope you are doing great. It’s a great pleasure to invite you to submit a paper for the upcoming issue (volume 6 issue 2) in our journal. Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences ... is adamant to publish manuscripts relating to the field of Civil & Legal Sciences.I would be glad to have a contribution from your side to this journal. ... Kindly revert for further queries, Warm Regards, Sonia Matthews, Editorial Assistant, Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences
- 9/2/16, 9/15/16: It gives us immense pleasure to share this moment of happiness that Intellectual Property Rights: Open Access (IPR) is planning to release articles for upcoming issue. We cordially invite you to submit a paper for Intellectual Property Rights: Open Access. Your contribution will help IPR establish its high standard and facilitate the journal to be indexed soon.