- It periodically solicits me in separate mailings to multiple email addresses.
- A book has this review from Judge Alex Kozinzki (ret.): "If you’re holding this book in your hands – as you no doubt must be – just start turning pages and get ready for a treat.” That sounds good, but, hey, it it is an eBook. Still, at $9.95, the price is right.
- The office address is one of those provided by Regus, a company that supplies "virtual offices" and "will receive and sign for mail and packages." It advertises a "professional company image without the cost of a physical office." However, it also leases spared space and rooms.
- Buzzfile, a company database, estimates only "$114,590 in annual revenues" and "approximately 2 people at this [Lake Mary, Florida] location." I do not know how accurate these estimates are.
- Sent: Thu 5/10/2018 3:30 PM (and 5/10/2018 2:36 PM)
From: Vandeplas Publishing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Book Proposal
It has been some time since I last emailed you to inquire if you have any ideas or proposals for publishing a book with us. As you likely know we publish all types of academic books, including monographs, textbooks and readers. We offer a progressive publication agreement with attractive royalties and in some cases an advance royalty bonus and as always the copyright stays with the author. ... I would like to hear from you if you have a proposal, idea or questions about publishing a book with us. We offer a fast review process of proposals and manuscripts and there is never any cost for the author. Please contact me at the address below or by return email.
Anton C. Van de Plas - Publisher
Vandeplas Publishing, LLC, 801 International Parkway, 5th Floor, Lake Mary, FL 32746 - U.S.A., Phone: 407-562-1947, FAX: 407-218-8966